Information we collect:
Rivet informs users of its Services that we will never ask you to submit for Personal Data that is related to a natural persons racial or ethnic background; political, religious, philosophical beliefs; association with a labor union; health or sexual preferences; records regarding criminal offences; substantial social problems and other strictly private information.
Situations where Personal Data is used and examples of the data collected:
- When your place an order: Name, Email, Address, Billing details
- When you register with one of the Services: Email, Username, Password, and possibly basic demographic information.
- When you communicate with our Support teams: Name, Email, order ID, system information.
- When you agree to participate in a promotion or sweepstakes: Name, email address, physical address, and other required information.
- When you agree to participate in a Beta or Test program: Name, Email Address, IP address, software version, Killer app usage, applications used, websites visited, timestamps, bandwidth used, network interface type, precise and imprecise geolocation, and system information. We may share aggregate data from our Beta or Test programs with our partners.
- When you opt-in to have your data collected by Rivet: Name, Email Address, IP address, software version, app usage information, timestamps, precise and imprecise geolocation, and system information.
- When you go to a website controlled by Rivet Networks: Cookies may be used on Rivet controlled websites. Whenever you visit and interact with our website, you accept that we automatically receive and record information on our server logs from your browser including your IP address, cookie information, and the page you requested
How we use the information we collect:
We collect data to fulfil customer-initiated requests, enable certain features, and to collect data so that we can offer our customers the best possible experience for the Services we offer.
Rivet Networks will only transfer Personal Data collected from users of its Services to third-parties when necessary and a user has given his consent to such transfer (for example in the form of a request to process an order), if required by law or if required in order to protect legal or other vital interests.
Rivet will only retain your Personal Data for as long as you have a profile on at least one of its Services, un-less the further retention of your Personal Data is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party, for compliance with a legal obligation which we are subject, or for the purposes of a legitimate interests pursued by us.
With the use of certain Rivet Services, cookies will be stored on the media that the user uses to browse the Website. These cookies are used to give the user of the Website a better experience when browsing the Website and to collect certain information on the user in order to facilitate analysis of the users of the Website.
Rivet Networks informs users of the Website that cookies can be removed through a user’s browser of choice. Furthermore, the possibility of storing and using cookies through a browser can be altogether blocked by changing the browser’s settings.
Rivet Networks recommends users to consult the user guide related to the user’s browser of choice in order for users to adjust the browser’s cookie settings to the preferred setting.
Online Advertising: We do work with advertising partners to deliver Rivet advertisements on third party publisher websites, and these partners may set cookies on your computer’s web browser.
Choice: If you ever wish to cancel an account or eliminate all data that has been collected, please send an email making the desired request to email@example.com
Rights Related to Personal Data Collection. These rights include:
- Obtaining information regarding the processing of your Personal Data and access to the Personal Data which we hold about you. Please note that there may be circumstances in which we are entitled to refuse requests for access to copies of Personal Data, for the sake of another person’s right to privacy.
- Requesting that we correct your Personal Data if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Requesting that we erase your Personal Data in certain circumstances. Please note that there may be circumstances where you ask us to erase your Personal Data, but we are legally entitled to retain it.
- Objecting to, and requesting that we restrict, our processing of your Personal Data in certain circumstances.
- Withdrawing your consent
We work hard to protect our users from unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of information we hold and undertake reasonable security measures with appropriate confidentiality and integrity.
Children Under 13
We do not knowingly collect information for any child under the age of 13. If you are the parent of a child under the age of 13 and have a concern regarding your child’s information on our Services, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have questions or requests regarding our privacy practices, please contact us at email@example.com