Rivet Networks LLC Privacy Statement
Last Updated May 5th, 2020
This Privacy Statement describes the data practices of Rivet Networks LLC and its subsidiaries (collectively, “Rivet”, “us”, “we”), covering its services under its control, including Rivet controlled websites, products, or PC applications (collectively “Services”). By using the Services, you are consenting to this Privacy Statement and the processing of your data in the manner provided in this Privacy Statement.
Rivet will post Privacy Statement changes on this page. We encourage you to review our Privacy Statement whenever you use the Services to stay informed about how we treat Personal Data and the ways you can help protect your privacy.
Information we collect:
The Personal Data we collect depends on how you interact with us, the Services you use, and the choices you make. We collect and process Personal Data about you with your consent and/or as necessary to provide the Services you use, operate our business, meet our contractual and legal obligations, protect the security of our systems and our customers, or fulfil other legitimate interests.
We collect Personal Data about you from different sources and in various ways when you use our Services, including Personal Data you provide directly, information collected automatically, and third-party data sources.
Information you provide directly. We collect Personal Data you provide to us. For example, the following are situations where Personal Data may be collected directly from you:
- When you place an order: Name, Email, Address, Billing details
- When you register with one of the Services: Email, Username, Password, and possibly basic demographic information.
- When you communicate with our Support teams: Name, Email, order ID, system information.
- When you agree to participate in a promotion or sweepstakes: Name, email address, physical address, and other required information.
- When you agree to participate in a Beta or Test program: Name, Email Address, IP address, software version, app usage, applications used, websites visited, timestamps, bandwidth used, network interface type, precise and imprecise geolocation, and system information. We may share aggregate data from our Beta or Test programs with our partners.
Information collected automatically. When you use our Services, some information is collected automatically. For example, when you visit our websites, our web servers automatically log your device’s operating system, Internet Protocol (IP) address, access times, browser type and language, the website you visited before our site, and your activity on our websites. As further described in the Cookies and Similar Technologies section below, our websites and online services store and retrieve data using cookies set on your device. Depending on your device and app settings, we collect geolocation data when you use our apps or online services.
Information obtained from third-party sources. We also obtain information from third parties. We protect information obtained from third parties according to the practices described in this statement, plus any additional restrictions imposed by the source of the information. These third-party sources include third-party service providers that provide us with analytics, crash diagnostics, and other related services.
When you are asked to provide Personal Data, you may decline. And you may use app or device controls to prevent certain types of automatic data collection. But if you choose not to provide information that is necessary for certain Services or features, those Services or features may not be available or function correctly.
How we use the information we collect:
We use Personal Data collected through our Services for purposes described in this Privacy Statement or otherwise disclosed to you. For example, we use Personal Data to:
- operate our business, such as improving our internal operations, securing our systems, and detecting fraudulent or illegal activity,
- understand you and your preferences to enhance your experience and enjoyment using our Services,
- send you information, including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages,
- communicate with you about new Services, offers, promotions, rewards, contests, upcoming events, and other about our Services and those of our selected partners (see the Choice and Control section of this Privacy Statement for how to change your preferences for promotional communications),
- fulfil customer-initiated requests, including customer support,
- enable certain features,
- we use Killer Application Network Traffic Data to create aggregate and anonymous data sets that we may use for a variety of purposes,
- to collect data so that we can provide and deliver our Services, including securing, troubleshooting, improving, and personalizing those Services, so that we can offer our customers the best possible experience for the Services we offer.
In carrying out these purposes, we combine data we collect from different sources to give you a more seamless, consistent, and personalized experience.
How we share the information we collect:
We share Personal Data with your consent or as necessary to complete your transactions or provide the Services you have requested or authorized. For example, when you provide payment data to make a purchase, we will share that data with banks and other entities as necessary for payment processing, fraud prevention, credit risk reduction, or other related financial services.
In addition, we may share Personal Data among our affiliates and subsidiaries. We also share Personal Data with vendors or agents working on our behalf for the purposes described in this statement. For example, companies we’ve hired to provide customer service support or assist in protecting and securing our systems and services may need access to Personal Data to provide those functions. In such cases, these companies must abide by data privacy and security requirements and are not allowed to use Personal Data they receive from us for any other purpose. We may also disclose and transfer Personal Data as part of a corporate transaction such as a merger, transfer, divestiture, or sale of all or a portion of our business or assets.
Finally, we will access, transfer, disclose, and preserve Personal Data when we belief that doing so is necessary to:
- comply with applicable law or respond to valid legal process, including from law enforcement or other government agencies;
- protect our customers, for example to prevent spam or attempts to defraud users of our Services, or to help prevent the loss of life or serious injury of anyone;
- operate and maintain the security of our Services, including to prevent or stop an attack on our computer systems or networks; or
- protect our rights or property, including enforcing the terms of our agreements.
Please note that some of our Services include references or links to products provided by third parties whose privacy practices differ from ours. If you provide Personal Data to any of those third parties, or consent to our sharing Personal Data with them, that data is governed by their privacy statements.
We may share aggregate and anonymous data for any purpose.
Cookies and Similar Technologies:
Our web pages may also contain electronic images known as web beacons (also called single-pixel gifs) that we use to help deliver cookies on our websites, count users who have visited those websites, and gather usage and performance data. We also include web beacons in our promotional email messages or newsletters to determine whether you open and act on them.
Our websites may include web beacons and cookies from third-party service providers. In some cases, that is because we have hired the third party to provide services on our behalf, such as site analytics. In other cases, it is because our web pages contain web beacons used to track interaction with and effectiveness of content (such as videos, news content) and ads from third parties. Because your browser connects to those third parties’ web servers to retrieve that content, those third parties are able to set or read their own cookies on your device and may collect information about your online activities across websites or online services.
Analytics: The third-party analytics providers we use include: Google Analytics. Many third-party analytics providers allow you to opt-out from their collection or use. For more information, click on the links above.
Online Advertising: We do work with advertising partners to deliver Rivet advertisements on third party publisher websites, and these partners may set cookies on your computer’s web browser. You may find more information on each company’s practices, including the choices it offers, by reviewing their applicable privacy statements. Many of them are also members of the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) or Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA), which each provide a simple way to opt out of ad targeting from participating companies., which you can access at http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.aspx and http://www.aboutads.info/choices/.
Choice and Control of Personal Data
Access, correction, and deletion. If you wish to request access to, or correction or deletion of, Personal Data about you that we hold, please email [email protected]
If you cannot access certain Personal Data we collect directly through the Services you use, you can always contact us as described at the bottom of this Privacy Statement. However, to the extent permitted by applicable law, we reserve the right to charge a fee or decline requests that are unreasonable, excessive, or prohibited by law, could adversely affect the privacy or other rights of another person, or where we are unable to authenticate you as the person to whom the data relates.
Communications preferences. You can choose whether to receive promotional communications from us by email. If you receive promotional email messages from us and would like to stop, you can do so by following the directions in that message. These choices do not apply to mandatory service communications that are part of certain of our Services, or to surveys or other informational communications that may have their own unsubscribe method.
Cookie controls. Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can set your browser to delete or reject cookies. Instructions for blocking or deleting cookies may be available in your browser’s privacy or help documentation. If you choose to delete or reject cookies, this could affect certain features or services of our website. If you choose to delete cookies, settings and preferences controlled by those cookies, including advertising preferences, may be deleted and may need to be recreated. See the Cookies section of this Privacy Statement above for more details.
Advertising and analytics. Our third-party analytics and advertising partners typically provide options to opt-out of certain information collection or use. See the Cookies section of this Privacy Statement above for more details.
Do Not Track. Some browsers have incorporated “Do Not Track” (DNT) features that can send a signal to the websites you visit indicating you do not wish to be tracked. Because there is not a common understanding of how to interpret the DNT signal, our websites do not currently respond to browser DNT signals. Instead, you can use the range of other tools to control data collection and use, including the cookie controls and advertising controls described above.
Retention of Personal Data
We retain Personal Data for as long as necessary to provide the Services and fulfill the transactions you have requested, or for other essential purposes such as complying with our legal obligations, resolving disputes, and enforcing our agreements. Because these needs can vary for different data types in the context of different Services, actual retention periods can vary significantly based on criteria such as user expectations or consent, the sensitivity of the data, the availability of automated controls that enable users to delete data, and our legal or contractual obligations. For example, Killer Application Usage Data is deleted after 2 years.
We take reasonable and appropriate steps to help protect our users Personal Data from unauthorized access to, use, alteration, disclosure or destruction of information we hold.
Location of Personal Data
The Personal Data we collect may be stored and processed in your country or region, or in any other country where we or our affiliates, subsidiaries, or service providers maintain facilities. Currently, we primarily use data centers in the United States. The storage location has been chosen in order to operate efficiently, to improve performance, and to create redundancies in order to protect the data in the event of an outage or other problem. We take steps designed to ensure that the data we collect under this statement is processed according to the provisions of this statement and applicable law wherever the data is located.
We transfer Personal Data from the European Economic Area and Switzerland to other countries, some of which have not been determined by the European Commission to have an adequate level of data protection. When we do so, we use a variety of legal mechanisms, including contracts, to help ensure your rights and protections. To learn more about the European Commission’s decisions on the adequacy of Personal Data protections, please visit: https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic/data-protection/data-transfers-outside-eu/adequacy-protection-personal-data-non-eu-countries_en.
Changes to this Privacy Statement
We will update this Privacy Statement when necessary to reflect changes in our Services, how we use Personal Data, or the applicable law. When we post changes to the statement, we will change the “Last Updated” date at the top of the statement. If we make material changes to the statement, we will provide notice or obtain consent regarding such changes as may be required by law.
If you have questions, concerns, or requests regarding our privacy practices, please contact us at [email protected]
Our address is 9020 N. Capital of TX Hwy, Bldg 1, Ste 210, Austin, TX 78759 USA
Privacy Notice Addendum for EU Users
European Data Protection Rights
If the processing of Personal Data about you is subject to European Union data protection law, you have certain rights with respect to that data:
- You can request access to, and rectification or erasure of, Personal Data;
- If any automated processing of Personal Data is based on your consent or a contract with you, you have a right to transfer or receive a copy of your Personal Data in a usable and portable format;
- If the processing of Personal Data is based on your consent, you can withdraw consent at any time for future processing;
- You can to object to, or obtain a restriction of, the processing of Personal Data under certain circumstances; and
- For residents of France, you can send us specific instructions regarding the use of your data after your death.
To make such requests, contact us at [email protected] When we are processing data on behalf of another party that is the “data controller,” you should direct your request to that party. You also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, but we encourage you to first contact us with any questions or concerns.
Privacy Notice Addendum for California users
California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident and the processing of Personal Data about you is subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”), beginning January 2020 you have certain rights with respect to that information. In particular, you have a right to request that companies provide you with the following information:
- The categories and specific pieces of Personal Data we have collected about you.
- The categories of sources from which we collect Personal Data.
- The purposes for collecting or selling Personal Data.
- The categories of third parties with which we share Personal Data.
- For companies that disclose Personal Data for a business purpose, the categories of Personal Data disclosed about you for a business purpose
- For companies that “sell” Personal Data, the categories of Personal Data sold about you and the categories of third parties to which the Personal Data was sold, by category or categories of Personal Data for each third party to which the Personal Data was sold.
To make such requests, contact us at [email protected] Note that we have provided the information described in (2)-(5) in this Privacy Statement. With respect to (6), note that we do not “sell” Personal Data as defined by the CCPA.
You also have a right to request that we delete Personal Data under certain circumstances, subject to a number of exceptions.
Finally, you have a right to not be discriminated against for exercising these rights as set out in the CCPA [exhausted, binding arbitration is available for EU and Swiss individuals to address certain residual complaints not resolved by other means.]