NGFF535A-L 2×2 11ac Wireless Adapter with Bluetooth 4.1
Overview: The NGFF535A-L 2×2 11ac Wireless Adapter with Bluetooth 4.1 is a second generation 11ac Wireless Adapter and includes ExtremeRangeTM technology that offers two external 5GHz signal amplifiers plus it supports 802.11ac Wave 2 features including MU-MIMO and Transmit Beamforming. NGFF535A-L 2×2 11ac Wireless adapters supports dual bands (2.4 GHz and 5GHz), IEEE standards-based 802.11a/b/g/n/ac, and Bluetooth connectivity. NGFF535A-L 2×2 11ac Wireless adapters deliver industry-leading data rates up to 867 Mbps with range-enhancing 802.11ac technologies to deliver higher data throughput over longer distances.
- Single-chip, 2.4/5 GHz, 2 stream 802.11a/b/g/n/ac and BT 4.1
- IEEE802.11ac 2X2 WLAN standards with low power PCIe (with L1 sub-state) interfaces + BT 4.1 with USB1.1 interface.
- Includes external Power Amplifier (PA) and Low Noise Amplifier (LNA) with control logics
- Module specifications: Next generation form factor, M.2, module size = 22mm x 30mm, Key(A-E)
- Chipset: QCA6174A
Features and Functionality:
- Highly integrated wireless local area network (WLAN) system-on-chip (SoC) for 5GHz 802.11ac, or 2.4/5GHz 802.11n WLAN applications.
- Supports 20/40 MHz at 2.4GHz and supports 20/40/80MHz at 5GHz
- 2×2 MU-MIMO with two spatial streams
- Supports Bluetooth-WLAN coexistence and ISM-LTE coexistence.
- Bluetooth v4.1 solution for class1 and class2 power-level transmissions
- Support Bluetooth 4.1 + HS, BLE, ANT+ and is backwards compatible with Bluetooth 1.2, 2.X + enhanced data rate.
- Transmit Beamforming
- Supports Wake on Wireless LAN and Wake on Bluetooth
- Fast channel switch (1 ms within band and 2 ms across bands)
- High-density modulation (up to 256-QAM)
- Offloading for minimal host utilization at 11ac speeds
- Low latency high performance interface (PCIe) support with advanced low-power state (L1-sub state) for stand-by power reduction.
- Operates on a single 3.3 V power supply and an I/O supply of 1.8 V or 3.3 V.
- Both WLAN and Bluetooth power management use advanced power saving techniques such as: gating clocks to idle or inactive blocks, voltage scaling to specific blocks in certain states, fast start and settling circuits to reduce Tx, active duty cycles, processor frequency scaling, and other techniques to optimize power consumption across all operating states.
- Additional features include maximal likelihood (ML) decoding, low-density parity check (LDPC), maximum ratio combining (MRC), Rx space time block code (STBC), and 1.5 K bytes of on-chip one-time programmable (OTP) memory to eliminate the need for an external flash and to further reduce the external component count.
- AP Mode (supports up to 32 clients)
- WLAN Frequency Band: 2.4/5 GHz
- Bluetooth Frequency Band: 2.4000 – 2.4835 GHz
- Compliant with IEEE 802.11ac, 802.11n, 802.11g, 802.11b, 802.11d, 802.11e, 802.11j and 802.11i
Support Data Rates:
- IEEE 802.11a 6 – 54 Mbps
- IEEE 802.11b 1 – 11 Mbps
- IEEE 802.11g 6 – 54 Mbps
- IEEE 802.11n 6.5 – 300 Mbps
- IEEE 802.11ac 6.5 – 867 Mbps